Change CD Player in Mini / Help Required

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drifter
    Hi

Last year we bought our very first mini after wanting one for years and we are loving every minute of it and should have bought one sooner.

When we bought our 54 plate MINI it didn't have the original CD Player in it so I tried on several occasions through Ebay to win one, this I did and it even came with a Harman Kardon Amplifier, but as my Mini isn't wired up for this won't be using it so I will be storing it or selling it on.

I hope that you can help me as I am in the process of changing the CD Player in my MINI but have came to a halt.

As I said before I bought an original BMW Alpine CD Player as I wanted to change from the JVC CD Player that had been fitted before I bought it to bring it back to having the original look.

My problem is that my MINI a 54 Plate, when I removed the CD Player that was in at present I can't connect with what I want to put in, Original harness is round pin where I'm trying to install is flat pinned, do you know of a conversion kit to take it from Wave to Boost and if so can you tell me what I need and where can I get this and what price would the kit be, I did contact my nearest BMW Mini Parts department who quoted me around £46 for this so I thought I would ask you if you know of any thing at a lower price or may know of someone with the parts lying around and wanting to sell them at a good price ?.

Hope that you can help me in some way as what I thought was a simple straight swap hasn't worked in my favour as I knew about the round pins and flat pins but bought this CD Player thinking it would be alright.

Hope you can Help!!!

Thanks

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    I have one of these conversion kit things sitting int he house, I just found it the other night while looking for something else.. I can't for the life of me remember which one it is tho.

Let me have a look when I get in tonight.. you might be in luck

Rather than having to buy a new one..
    If memory serves me right I got it for my 03 Cooper, and it wouldn't fit in the 05 One...

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Try calling Mike at www.newministuff.co.uk he has all the proper conversion cables required.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Try calling Mike at www.newministuff.co.uk he has all the proper conversion cables required.
    he is also on the site as a sponcer
    New sig coming soon

mikeythemini
    Hi - you need a wave to boost convertor - we do one for £25 + vat & mention New MIni Scotlad for a discount
    We have them in stock - http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...uctshow&id=113

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    I have one of these conversion kit things sitting int he house, I just found it the other night while looking for something else.. I can't for the life of me remember which one it is tho.

Let me have a look when I get in tonight.. you might be in luck

Rather than having to buy a new one..
    If memory serves me right I got it for my 03 Cooper, and it wouldn't fit in the 05 One...
    Hi - Thanks for your reply - Hopefully what you have is what I'm looking for...

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeythemini View Post
    Hi - you need a wave to boost convertor - we do one for £25 + vat & mention New MIni Scotlad for a discount
    We have them in stock - http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...uctshow&id=113
    Hi - Thanks for the reply regarding Wave to Boost Converter, I notice you also do the Genuine part as well. if I were to buy through your site how do I go about getting the discount for mentioning New Mini Scotland as I might just go for the Genuine Part and is this discount applied to all sales.

mikeythemini
    Yep we also do the genuine one but can't see the point of paying so much for one now we have our alernative
    For the discount put NMS in the notes section of the order & your screen name - we will apply the discount before we bill you
    Yes you can get the NMS discount on all orders from us except special offers
    You can also call us on 01704 878650

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Ok.. had a look, and I'm afraid I think the one I have is the wrong one..
    On the big end of the kit, it's round (males end) pins... on the smaller end.. it's flat (female end) slots it two blocks..

might be for the older unit.. it was bought from NewMiniStuff when I got it

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Ok.. had a look, and I'm afraid I think the one I have is the wrong one..
    On the big end of the kit, it's round (males end) pins... on the smaller end.. it's flat (female end) slots it two blocks..

might be for the older unit.. it was bought from NewMiniStuff when I got it
    Thanks for looking it was worth a try, looks like NewMiniStuff has what I'm looking for and at a good price... Thanks Again...