Charity Auction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Ok all you very kind NMS people. Here we have some very fine pieces of MINI Memorabilia which we are going to Auction off for charity. All of these items I would say are unique and very rare.

They were "acquired" by Mom (A.K.A. Siobhan Foster) and Dad (Malcolm Foster) at various events and I thank them whole heartedly for allowing us as NMS to auction them off for charity. The 2 charities that have been selected are RNIB/ and Macmillan. These are 2 charities very close to Mom & Dad's heart and also to my own.

The way the auction will work is for users to PM me your bid - your bid will be anonymous. I will update the thread with the highest current bid (without the person's name obviously). If 2 people bid the same amount, then the first person will get the bid and I will reply to the person who was unsuccessful and advise them to bid again if they want. All items must be paid for via Bank Transfer or Paypal once the auction has ended (details will be provided to the winner bidder).

I do hope we can raise some good money for these worthwhile causes. The auction is only open to current members of NMS as of today's date. (this is to stop new members joining purely to bid on the items - we want these items to stay within the NMS family)

The Auction will end on the last day of the year (ie last bid must me in before the bells ring to bring in the New Year).

Anyway, here are the items....

This deckchair is from MINI United 2009 at Silverstone. It has been signed by Rauno Aaltonen, Paddy Hopkirk and Mike Cooper. I think we all know who these legends are

Current Bid £50

This item was taken literally off the back of Peter Vardy (the Owner of Peter Vardy MINI in Edinburgh) at the Coupe Launch. It is a genuine Polo-shirt for the London Olympics 2012 which MINI sponsored. it is personally signed by Peter. Full marks to him for being such a good sport !

Current Bid £20

This item was acquired from Plant Oxford off our 2 old friends who do the tours (who's names have escaped me). They were used by Staff at MINI United 2012 in France. There are 2 of them and I will be auctioning both separately.

MINI United Top 1 Current Bid - £0
    MINI United Top 2 Current Bid - £0

lotuskermit
    very kind of you Craig, all the best for a great auction

Sean
    Last edited by lotuskermit; 7th December 2013 at 07:02 PM.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuskermit View Post
    very kind of you Cr
    I'm only organising the auction - the real kindness is from Mom & Dad Foster :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    To clarify,

When bidding, tell me what item you are bidding for and price (ie, deck chair, £40, polo shirt £30 etc.)

Thanks

Craig

Car
    First bid received ! Now we are off and running !! :)

Craig, that's Mom sent a bid in, hope it's going well. Thanks again for organising this. Hopefully we will make a few bob for the charities.
    Has anyone else got anything to Auction? Mini 50 stuff or ex Oxford stuff? I'm sure if you have anything, Craig would add to the sale list. Would all help to add to the total.

Car
    I'm more than happy to have more stuff to auction :)

Car
    That's now a bid received for the polo shirt.

Come on folks, bids still required for the MINI United tops :)

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Was it not John and Terry that used to give us the factory tours

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Was it not John and Terry that used to give us the factory tours
    That's the chaps Ian :)