quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Delighted to hear you're MINI's fixed David. I look forward to seeing it's usual, immaculately polished shiney self on the 8th of June
Looking forward to seeing you all on the Sunday, unfortunately we can't make the Saturday evening meal, would have been great.

Got the car washed today and the bumper looks fine after a bit of Zymol and elbow grease, also replaced the mudflap that was scuffed. Found that the coachworks had lost two of the mounting rivets - so have asked them to mail me them. Anyway it will do for now.

Last thing - I had a wee go at touching up the stone chips on the bonnet- not a bad job with my cocktail stick and cotton buds and then some polish to bring it down. If I had remembered I would have got the paintshop to do them when they were doing the bumper.
3GGG - I would have made more fuss when i picked the car up if they left it in that state - if they were comparible to the dealer quote there is no-way the cost of the valet wasn't included as the dealer would never get away with giving your car back in a state! Ach well at least your happy with the repair.

As for the stone chips - try getting yourself some langka www.langka.com - it really does work (with a bit of practice :I) and when i eventually get the time i'm gonna attack the collection of chips on my shiny black bonnet!:I

Wul