Insurance Renewal

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well, due to me changing a few things on the car, thought it about time I went and properly insured my car.. yeah I know, a bit of russian roulette at the moment, but I hate having to change insurers during the year and my current insurer (Tesco) doesn't really like mods... It took me all of my persuading for them to cover my 17" MINI Wheels..

I sent a web form in to Greenlight Insurance and within 2 hours they had emailed me back a quote, which was £100 cheaper than my Tesco renewal, and it covered ALL of my mods (including my recent ones..).. Phoned them up and spoke with a guy to add Jude to the policy and also class 1 business miles and also no extra charge...

Very happy with the price and service. Not often I can say that about an insurer... Just thought I would share..

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Craig, often you'll find that to insure a vehicle with a wife, partner etc is actually cheaper, so, might have been worth checking a few other sites too.
    Persoanlly, i can never get any cheaper than Directline.

Was looking at changing the M3 for a newer model and the price would drop £45 a year on a 2008 plate versus my current 2004

euan
    Good to hear about good customer service, I've not tried greenlight but will need to check them next year. Just renewed with esure again as nobody could touch them - Directline wanted 400 quid more.

In saying that, my insurance dropped 75 quid once I told them I was married! Expensive way of saving 75 quid though!

Wonder why the M3 would be cheaper?

I have used Greenlight for the past 4 years, they have always come up trumps at renewal time. They cover all the mods on my car (and there are a lot) and everything will be replaced like for like in the event of a claim. Their track day cover is also very good.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    yeah Martin - that was the main reason for changing, so that all the mods were covered and also that they would be replaced like for like...

most "ordinary" insurers would not touch all the mods, plus If I change anything else, they are quire willing to add it on (for a fee of course)

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinSullivan View Post
    I have used Greenlight for the past 4 years, they have always come up trumps at renewal time. They cover all the mods on my car (and there are a lot) and everything will be replaced like for like in the event of a claim. Their track day cover is also very good.

yep i am with them this year and verry good i took the track day cover for the knockhill meet you just need to phone the daybefore and thats it done
    New sig coming soon

Going round the different car club/forums I notice that Chris Knott Insurance is getting a lot of good feedback.

They deal will car clubs and forums and have no problems with mods etc etc.

I've not used them yet but reading the different forums they seem to be able to beat almost any other insurers price.

However before we could benefit we would need to get them online with us.

Check their site out you will see who they are involved with

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Also, just to add that Sky Insurance also do the 'like for like' policy, as well as 'agreed value' (ie you don't get market value if the worst happens). They require pictures & a full list of all mods, but IMO it's worth it to be completely covered. Thye do track cover too & understand all sorts of modifications, unlike other insurers. I also get discount through the GT4OC too. Any time I've spoken to or emailed them it's always been a quick & pleasant experience.

Steve